International Business Management East Asia
The East Asia Institute (Chinese: 东亚学院; Japanese: 東アジアセンター) is a Center of Excellence on the economies, cultures, and languages of East Asia, particularly modern China and Japan.
In the International Business Management (East Asia) degree program, a full course of studies in business administration is complemented by intensive training in topics relating to China and Japan and thorough language preparation. We teach Chinese with a textbook developed by staff of the East Asia Institute.
Publications and research projects at the Institute cover different disciplines in the social sciences. Current developments in the region are analyzed and assessed. Lectures, colloquia, and conferences on topics relating to East Asia also appeal to the general public. 15 regular staff members form the core of the Institute.
The Institute works in close cooperation with the following 12 partner universities in China and Japan, where it sends students for their study abroad year.
- Akita International University (秋田国際教養大学)
- Aoyama Gakuin University (青山学院大学)
- Beijing Normal University (北京师范大学)
- Fuzhou University (福州大学)
- Guangxi University (广西大学)
- Guilin University of Electronics (桂林电子科技大学)
- Guizhou University (贵州大学)
- Hebei North University (河北北方学院)
- Kansai Gaidai University (関西外国語大学)
- Kyōto Sangyō University (京都産業大学)
- Nagoya City University (名古屋市立大学)
- Takasaki City University of Economics (高崎経済大学)