Logistics - International Management & Consulting (LIMC)
The postgraduate MBA online study has been specifically tailered to logistics managers who will have to handle processes at the interface of different disciplines. It responds to the high demand for logistics managers with knowledge of modern logistics and understandig of its complexity and experience on an international scale.
This study not only deals with the classic three-dimensional alignment of logistics teaching (business management - IT - technology) but includes logistics-relevant contents, such as management, consulting and social competence. It contains international subjects such as intercultural competence and international logistics management, which is decisive particularly for logisticians in "interface areas" - working across borders, departments and nations. We teach logistics in an integrated and interdisciplinary manner and understand global logistics as long-term, sustainable logistics.
The extra-occupational concept of the studies permits a high practice relationship in the studies and direct application of the method knowledge on the job. The regular study time is four. The first three semesters of the course of studies contain 24 residential teaching days. They take place in block seminars of 8-10 days per semester. The master's thesis is written in the 4th semester.
The master's course of studies are targeted at:
- Professionals who work or would like to work in an international environment on decision-making level (as manager, project manager or logistics consultant) and would like to improve their profiles for this,
- Persons with an international background and interest, who would like to acquire further qualification in paralleo profession and/or family while staying flexible in place and time,
- Persons who would also like to use the technical exchange of experience with other professionals and our lecturers to gain insights into solutions and processes of other enterprises.
The study is based on three core elements:
- Flexible independent studies using online study letters and learning materials
- Learning together via the online platform OpenOLAT and
- Residential teaching phases with methods of active and reflection-promoting teaching such as case studies, exercises in a Digital Factory, presentations, group work, etc.
More details about the content as well as about the requirements and the application can be found on www.mba-limc.de. It is possible to apply with a professional qualification.
The MBA distance learning course is a shared course of studies between the University of Applied Sciences Ludwigshafen am Rhein and the Zentralstelle für Fernstudien an Fachhochschulen (ZFH).
- Distance learning with E-Learning + 8-10 day block workshop in the 1st – 3rd semester
- Degree: MBA 90 ECTS, FIBAA accredited
- Language: English
- Duration: 4 semesters (incl. Master's thesis)
- Start: each October
- Application: by 15 July of the year
- Costs: € 1,950 + social contribution (approx. € 120) per semester
- Max. 20 students per group